I believe that creativity has very little to do with artistic ability and craftiness. Creativity, pure and simple, is the expression of who we are, no matter how that is expressed. We are all creating, all the time; we're usually just not conscious of it. But the more conscious I've become of my own creative acts, the more of them I bring into my life. And the more I bring creativity into my life, the more I express myself. And in expressing myself, I find myself. So creativity, to me, has become a strongly spiritual exercise.
Here are a few things I created this week:
1) This temporary home for my new air plants
...and why am I just finding out about air plants?
3) A digital copy of this picture - because looking at my grandparents in a water gun fight will always bring a smile to my face.
4) The decoration and script on these note cards
5) A swaddle for a fake baby in my newborn care class
6) Shadow puppets, made with a small playmate
7) Scribbles in my daily gratitude journal