Well, that was easy!
I took a recipe for gluten-free banana bread and thought I would experiment in making it dairy-free and sugar free as well. These things always take a failure or two before getting it right, but this time I simply substituted the butter for coconut oil and the sugar for some stevia, and viola!
This bread turned out great in texture and even better in taste. And it's so easy! Give it a try!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp all natural stevia (I make my own. Find out how here)
4 medium ripe bananas
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease a 9' x 5' loaf pan with coconut oil
2) Mash bananas in a small bowl and set aside
3) In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and stevia. Add in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together the rice flour, sorghum flour, ground flax, salt, and baking powder.
5) Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients about 1/4 cup at a time and beat until combined.
6) Fold in the nuts, if using.
7) Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.